There's No Obscurity

The poem, "There's No Obscurity", is a
Shakespearean-style sonnet and was inspired by
various romantic novels that I was reading at the
time. It describes a type of love only witnessed as
a princess in a fairy tale, yet also portrays
realistic emotions, such as doubt. In the end, the
message is that the love she has for him is more
real to her than any possibility of loss.


As I gaze into his liquid gold eyes,
Poetry radiates from his warm soul
His lips brush mine and I soar through the skies
Passion seizes me; I loose my control
An amalgam of thoughts pierce through my mind
There is love, trust, yet I feel petrified
I know destiny; our fate's intertwined
But what if he's a dream, one I'm denied?
A thousand years I could spend with those suns
Amid his presence I've conquered all realms
I've witnessed beauty that forever stuns
And have basked beneath his forest of elms
Then and there, I grasp truth with clarity
He's in my arms; there's no obscurity

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music By Bessie Rayner Parkes

TEACH ME

Song About Old Troll - Lord of The Rings By J. R. R. Tolkien